T.Y. Lin International (TYLI) is a full-service, professional engineering firm focused on the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure solutions for public and private clients worldwide. The firm is an internationally recognized pioneer in solving the most difficult engineering challenges. Headquartered in San Francisco, California for over 65 years, TYLI has more than 3,200 professionals throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe. TYLI is a member of Dar Group, a global, privately-owned professional services group, and its industry-leading family of Global Infrastructure companies. Our Vaughan location is seeking a Structural Engineer to prepare detailed reinforced concrete drawings and participate in the development of design concepts, creating models from scratch and coordinating designs for various structural projects for the water and wastewater sector. This will include water and wastewater treatment plants and associated water retaining structures, such as in-ground concrete reservoirs, booster pumping stations, sewage pumping stations, headworks buildings, aeration tanks, concrete circular and rectangular clarifiers. and possibly support on structural work for transportation, institutional, commercial and industrial facilities.
- Develop scopes of work and level of effort estimates for structural project work.
- Manage structural project and teams and be accountable for budget and schedule compliance.
- Provide structural engineering design for tanks, basins and building facilities at water and wastewater treatment plants and associated structural works.
- Provide structural engineering design for industrial water facilities.
- Design concrete, steel, masonry and wood structures per IBC
- Design concrete structures utilizing ACI 318 and ACI 350 for Environmental Structures.
- Perform condition assessments of existing structures
- Prepare detailed design sketches, or work directly within CAD or Revit, and coordinate with designer staff to prepare 3-D models and design drawings.
- Prepare construction specifications.
- Coordinate structural project work with architects and process, mechanical, and electrical engineering staff.
- Provide construction administration support: submittal review, RFI responses, and structural observations.
- Utilize STAAD Pro, RAM, Enercalc and other software for structural design.
- Prepare and/or modify existing design standards and details.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concrete, steel, and masonry structural design per International Building Code, National Building Code of Canada, and referenced standards.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in structural engineering and design of water and wastewater infrastructure projects including water/wastewater treatment, facilities, reservoirs, pumping stations, and conveyance systems required
- Experience working with Greater Toronto Area and other local municipalities in Ontario.
- BaSc Degree in Civil Engineering (structural course work emphasis).
- P.Eng. license (or eligibility) required.
- Effective oral and written communication essential.
- Marketing and business development skills an asset.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients’ toughest challenges
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence
T.Y. Lin International is committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at [email protected]