General Summary:This position is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects.Job Description:
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
- Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
- Lead estimating efforts on vertically integrated projects to ensure accurate and consistent bid to build process.
- Coordinate efforts with estimators and the construction manager to manage resources to meet project schedule.
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule.
- Coordinate with the construction manager and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up and successful kick-off.
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, corporate management, inspectors, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
- Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
- Bachelor's Degree degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction. Three (3) to five (5) years progressive project experience in heavy civil environments.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in paving, dirt, and grading in either private or public environments. Knowledge of construction paving, underground, concrete and grading practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of union agreements and prevailing wage issues.
- Maintain ability to work in high production environment.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent supervisory communication and organizational skills.
- Accuracy at all times.
Granite Construction is an EOE, including disability/vetsEducation:BS: Civil Engineering, BS: Construction Engineering, BS: Construction Management, BS: Heavy Civil Engineering and ConstructionWork Experience:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Notice to Staffing AgenciesGranite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.