Due to a rapidly expanding workload in our London, UK office, Knight Piésold is looking for a senior civil/geotechnical engineer to join our world-class mine waste team. We are looking for a high calibre self-motivated individual who will be adaptable and able to fit in comfortably within a thriving, dynamic team at a senior level. The role will involve international projects offering many opportunities for overseas travel.The successful applicant will be qualified to a minimum degree level in Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering or a related subject, preferably with a Masters level or above qualification in Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Mechanics or related subject with a minimum of eight years’ geotechnical design experience, preferably with exposure to the mining industry, particularly mine waste management. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Review project information to develop a design basis from source data including client’s scope of work, drawings, specifications and other documents;
- For assignments, determine the approach and work to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented;
- Perform geotechnical analysis and designs of excavations, embankments, earthworks, dams, foundations, or impoundments;
- Provide technical review of study reports, drawings and technical specifications;
- Direct field work programs associated with geotechnical site investigations;
- Interpret data from geotechnical site investigations and laboratory testing to determine type, classification and geotechnical engineering characteristics of soils;
- Develop clear and concise reports to present the complete work to clients or others;
- Mentor and develop less experienced staff in completing work tasks that meet both client and internal quality/efficiency expectations;
- Lead and demonstrate through responsible project management leadership with an emphasis on teamwork;
- Become the client liaison in all matters related to the project. Develop working relationships with the client representatives and staff;
- Investigate, assess and assist in securing assignments in the mining sector. Provide knowledgeable contributions to the company’s overall marketing strategy including the development of project proposals.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established, dynamic and expanding specialist technical team at a senior level, with generous remuneration and profit share structure. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and be fluent in English.