We’re Hiring!We have an opening available for an entry-level Civil Engineer.About Knight PiésoldKnight Piésold is a specialized international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower and Water Resources. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale. Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with 100 years of industry experience.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to perform design work as well as performing construction quality assurance and quality control on the projects as they are constructed.
The Role:Assist operations manager and senior engineers with design work involving all aspects of civil engineering earthwork projects. Work elements may involve some, or all, of the following: Civil 3D drafting, analysis, design, report preparation, and field construction quality assurance and control projects.
- This position will likely have extended field assignments with some office work.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- 18 years minimum age requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform geotechnical laboratory testing. Tests include, but are not limited to, basic classification tests (grain size, Atterberg Limits, specific gravity) and compaction tests (Proctor), and will include soils processing.
- Perform construction QA/QC on large earthwork projects including tailing impoundments, heap leach facilities and reservoirs.
- Coordinate and perform quality inspections and complete required quality control documentation.
- Participate in the planning and designing of earthwork and water resource projects following standard procedures. Typical projects will include waste rock facilities, heap leach facilities, tailings storage facilities and their ancillary works.
- Produce civil / geotechnical / hydraulic analyses, contribute to the preparation of proposals, bid documents and capital cost estimates, construction drawings and design reports.
- Be actively involved in assisting with permitting, reclamation and closure activities and design work.
- Prepare civil layouts using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Keep management advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Working on or has obtained a Bachelor's degree (BS) in civil engineering.
- 0-5 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of civil and geotechnical engineering fundamentals, drafting, and general civil engineering design and construction practices.
- Ability to read and understand construction engineering plans, technical specifications, and drawings, including sheet references and layering. Ability to pay close attention to detail and check the quality of own work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in English. Spanish language skills would be desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Construction materials testing experience a plus.
- Certification by qualified National, Regional or State authority as appropriate to the services a plus.
*** Please note that Knight Piésold and Co. is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.*** Physical Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Work Environment:Work will be primarily in a field environment, with some office work, and with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory.Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program.---Knight Piesold is an affirmative action employer and race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability and veteran status are not taken into account in any employment decision.