We’re Hiring!We have openings available for entry-level Civil Engineers.About Knight PiésoldKnight Piésold is a specialized international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower and Water Resources. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale. Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with nearly 100 years of industry experience.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and see the world while you learn, with projects around the world to take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role:Assist senior engineers with design work involving all aspects of civil engineering earthwork projects. Work elements may involve some, or all, of the following: Civil 3D drafting, analysis, design, and report preparation on mining, water resource, renewable energy, and hydropower projects.
- Participate in the planning and designing of earthwork and water resource projects following standard procedures. Typical projects will include waste rock facilities, heap leach facilities, tailings storage facilities and their ancillary works.
- Produce civil / geotechnical / hydraulic analyses, contribute to the preparation of proposals, bid documents and capital cost estimates, construction drawings and design reports.
- Participate in short to medium duration field assignments within the US and abroad. Field work assignments could involve geotechnical site investigations and construction observation, quality control and/or quality assurance.
- Be actively involved in assisting with permitting, reclamation and closure activities and design work.
- Prepare civil layouts using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Keep management advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
An Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (BS) in civil engineering.
- 0-3 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of civil and geotechnical engineering fundamentals, drafting, and general civil engineering design and construction practices.
- Ability to read and understand construction engineering plans and drawings, including sheet references and layering. Ability to pay close attention to detail and check the quality of own work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing in English. Spanish language skills would be desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D. Knowledge of GEO-Studio programs, GINT, and other latest engineering design software would be an asset.
Work Environment:Work will be in both office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory.Compensation:In accordance with Colorado state law, the following Annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $60,000 – 70,000/year. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program.--We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knight Piésold is an affirmative action employer and race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability and veteran status are not taken into account in any employment decision.