We’re Hiring!We have openings available for experienced Project Managers.About Knight PiésoldKnight Piésold is a specialized international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower and Water Resources. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale. Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with nearly 100 years of industry experience.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and see the world while you learn, with projects around the world to take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role:The Project Manager directs and reviews the integration of technical activities and products related to mining design and engineering work, including preparing detailed proposals and schedules. planning and participating in site investigations, directing geotechnical and hydrology/hydraulics analysis and design, coordinating technical work within several disciplines and groups, including internal and external consultants, and construction teams; and coordinating with client representatives at different levels.Responsible for all phases of civil earthwork design and/or construction projects which include but may not be limited to: water dams, tailing dams, heap leach pads, roads, channels, heavy structures foundations, and other mining, renewable energy, and hydropower facilities.
- Responsible for the overall management on earthwork projects
- Review client project information, distribute internally, discuss and provide feedback
- Prepare documents including design criteria, scope of work and schedule, procedures and requirements, diagrams and drawings, specifications and other design-produced documents, to determine the approach and work to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented.
- Coordinate, direct and perform design of selected structures. This requires working with a single engineering or scientific discipline or multiple disciplines. A collaborative project management style is required, which emphasizes the individual as a professional and team member, but also balances the requirement to complete the scope of work as agreed under the contract.
- Prepare and direct design work which includes preparation and control of schedules, budgets, resources, and deliverables, as well as progress reports.
- Projects may also include direction and coordination of construction support teams including supervision, CQA and construction management teams from the home office.
- Plan and supervise temporary works and environmental protection “Best management practices”
- Update and inform the project team and/or client representative on work progress providing suggested solutions or modifications as needed.
- Conduct technical editing, document development, and production activities.
An Ideal Candidate:
- Strong working knowledge of, and experience in civil, geotechnical, water resources, environmental engineering and/or earthwork construction principles.
- Minimum of a Bachelors' degree (B.S.) in civil engineering, geotechnical or water resources and 7-12 years of experience in earthwork construction projects.
- Successful candidates must be able to read, analyze and interpret engineering reports, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. They must also be able to write technical reports and business correspondence. Competency in both written and spoken English required. Spanish would be an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Knowledge of Civil 3D, GEO-Slope programs, GINT, HEC-RAS, and other latest geotechnical and hydrology/hydraulics analysis and design software would be an asset.
- Registration or eligibility, with the requisite experience, to be registered as a professional engineer in Colorado.
Work Environment:Work will be in both office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory. In accordance with Colorado state law, the following Annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $84,000 – 120,000/year. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program.---Knight Piésold is an affirmative action employer and race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability and veteran status are not taken into account in any employment decision.