We’re Hiring!We are seeking an experienced Senior Tailings/Geotechnical Engineer in our Denver office.About Knight PiésoldKnight Piésold is a specialized international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower and Water Resources. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale. Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with nearly 100 years of industry experience.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and see the world while you learn, with projects around the world to take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role:The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic geotechnical engineering team and will direct and review the integration of technical activities and products related to geotechnical work, including planning and participating in geotechnical site investigation/laboratory testing programs and results interpretation, geotechnical analysis, detail design, technical support during construction, reporting, and communications. Projects will primarily be tailing dams but may include water dams, heap leach pads, mine waste rock dumps, heavily loaded structural foundations, and other earthworks, mining, and renewable energy facilities. An Ideal Candidate:
- Intimately understand and work effectively in the field of geotechnical engineering
- Direct field work programs associated with geotechnical site investigations
- Interpret in-situ data from geotechnical site investigations and analyze data from laboratory testing to determine type, classification and geotechnical engineering characteristics of soils
- Utilize the above information or information provided by others, perform geotechnical analysis and designs of, or make recommendations for, project components including excavations, dams, foundations, fluid or mine waste impoundments, spillways, pipeline or penstock anchorages
- Develop or lead the development of clear and concise letters or reports to present the complete work to clients or others
- Provide technical review of study reports, drawings and technical specifications
- Review project information including source criteria, scope of work, procedures and requirements, diagrams and drawings, specifications and other client-produced documents, to determine the approach and work to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented. This requires working with a single engineering or scientific discipline or multiple disciplines.
- Mentor and develop less experienced staff in completing work tasks that meet both client and internal quality/efficiency expectations. Lead and demonstrate through responsible project management leadership. Emphasize teamwork and look for continuous improvement in all individual task and project work.
- Become the client liaison in all matters related to the project or the undertaking. Develop working relationships with the client representatives and staff.
- Investigate, assess and assist in securing assignments in the mining, water resources and hydropower sectors. Provide knowledgeable contributions to the company’s overall marketing strategy.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in geotechnical engineering; and 12 to 15 years of experience in design and construction of tailings facilities.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Proficiency in MS Office and slope stability programs (e.g., GeoStudio and/or RocScience) required. Familiarity with gINT, FLAC or PLAXIS and other latest geotechnical design software strongly preferred. Knowledge of Civil 3D is an asset.
Work Environment:Work will be in both office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory.In accordance with Colorado state law, the following Annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $110,000 – 150,000/year. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program.---We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knight Piésold is an affirmative action employer and race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability and veteran status are not taken into account in any employment decision.