Do you like working on dynamic projects all over the world? Are you interested in applying your skills, talents, and education to work at a company that has a strong history and is well known in the industry? Do you want to be part of a team that will inspire you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? If you said yes to these questions, then read on to learn more about Knight Piésold and the opportunities we have open.Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with 100 years of industry experience that specializes in Mining, Environmental, Hydropower and Water Resources.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
SummaryThis position is responsible for working with the internal Project Managers with duties that include the development, implementation, and management of project estimates, schedules, document control and project performance standards. This position will be accountable for establishing appropriate (fit for purpose) levels of project controls to ensure projects are completed on time and on or under budget, providing direction for scheduling and estimating the scope of work for individual projects, and managing the performance of contract personnel. This position also includes reviewing project and financial trends and ensure uniform tracking, analysis, and reporting. Additional accountabilities include providing management with project health summary, reports arranging audit oversight, and utilizing and developing tools to support the consistent management of the projects.This position requires strong leadership capability teamed with an in-depth knowledge of project controls, high degree of technically skilled experience, and proven ability to develop and implement policies that support project controls objectives.Essential Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and manage uniform standards and processes for estimating, monitoring, and executing projects across the organization.
- Provide direction for developing baseline project estimates and reviewing final project estimates.
- Manage project cost tracking and reporting standards and processes across all projects.
- Manage software and application tools to support the project controls tracking for estimating, scheduling and cost reporting.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that project control standards are communicated and followed. Ensure the development of project controls tools, policies and procedures incorporate all areas of concern and done as a collaborative effort.
- Develop, implement, and manage uniform standards, processes, and tools for project scheduling across all projects to track, monitor and react to project trends.
- Develop scheduling metrics and methods of calculation, reporting, and roles-and-responsibilities breakdowns to allow project leads and project control staff to effectively manage successful projects.
- Develop, update, and maintain project schedules with project manager and team input in Microsoft Project, Primavera or internal systems.
- Perform reviews of baseline and periodic schedule updates for compliance with contractual agreements.
- Works with project management team and project controls team to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial information.
- Supports integration of Company systems to track, monitor and control costs. monitors the job cost report against key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, construction management (or equivalent) preferred
- 10 years’ experience in design engineering or the construction industry with a minimum of 3 years in project estimating and scheduling
- 5 years management/supervisory experience
- Significant hands-on experience with estimating and scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera).
- Experience in implementing, and streamlining project controls systems /methodologies as well as Integrating project management and accounting systems
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and proven performance/results.
Work EnvironmentWork will be in both office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory. CompensationIn accordance with Colorado state law, the following annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $82,000 – 120,000/year. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.BenefitsBecause our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program.--Knight Piésold is an affirmative action employer and race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability and veteran status are not taken into account in any employment decision.