Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in dam, geotechnical, geostructural, and tunnel engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities they live in and support, are a vital part of who they are and what they offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm with 400 employees in 22 offices throughout the United States and headquartered in Richmond, Virginia.Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.Job Description:Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a fun and flexible atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. The Chadds Ford, PA office is seeking a Geostructural Engineer to join our growing practice. We are looking for a motivated candidate with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team. Our Geostructural group provides a broad range of consulting services including analysis, detailed design, value engineering, construction-phase engineering and forensics. Services include design of support of excavation (SOE) systems, underpinning of structures, geo-hazards and stabilization of natural and man-made slopes and other earth systems/structures, steel and concrete design, ground improvement, shallow and deep foundation systems, earth retaining structures, grouting programs, design and oversight of positive cutoff walls, dewatering systems, cofferdams, and numerical analysis.Job Responsibilities:
- Preparation of design calculations and drawings (sketches) for geostructural projects and providing design support during construction of geostructural projects
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications
- Some field work and travel may be required.
- Manage projects through investigation, design, and construction
- Develop engineering scope of work and cost estimates
- Occasionally perform and oversee construction observation of specialty geotechnical works and foundation construction
- Scheduling, coordination, and oversight of junior staff during design and construction phases
- Bachelor’s degree focused in civil/geotechnical or structural engineering from an ABET-accredited institution. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Relevant work experience of at least eight (8) years in geotechnical or structural engineering and a current Professional Engineering license are required.
- Candidates who have familiarity with risk management and preparation of risk registers are a plus.
- Computer literacy along with a basic understanding and working knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation drafting software.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team across offices.
- Effective time management, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to efficiently balance multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities, and commitments.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screening.
- U. S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
0" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -15px; color: rgb(81, 81, 81); font-family: Roboto, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-thickness: initial; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">
0" style="box-sizing: border-box;"> 0" style="box-sizing: border-box;">PreferredBachelors or better in Civil Engineering or related field.