Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in geotechnical, geostructural, tunnel, and dam engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities they live in and support, are a vital part of who they are and what they offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm with 330 employees in 19 offices throughout the United States and headquartered in Richmond, Virginia.Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.Job Description:Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a fun and flexible atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. The Chadds Ford, PA office of Schnabel Engineering is seeking a Staff Engineer to join our growing GeoDesign practice. Our GeoDesign group provides a broad range of consulting services including subsurface exploration and testing, analysis, detailed design, value engineering, construction-phase engineering and forensics. Services include support of excavation (SOE) systems, underpinning of structures, geo-hazards and stabilization of natural and man-made slopes and other earth systems/structures, steel and concrete design, ground improvement, shallow and deep foundation systems, earth retaining structures, grouting programs, design and oversight of positive cutoff walls, dewatering systems, cofferdams, and numerical analysis. We are looking for a motivated candidate with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team. Job Responsibilities:
- Preparation of design calculations and drawings (sketches) and providing design support during construction.
- Effective time management, written communication skills, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to efficiently balance multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities, and commitments.
- Log test borings
- Observe geotechnical-related construction and prepare daily observation reports
- Create drawing sets and construction documents using AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Assign and review laboratory tests
- Provide support on preparation of reports and proposals
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited program. A Master’s degree in structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural geology or a related field is preferred.
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- EIT certification or the ability to get one within 6 months of hire
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic and a desire for continual self-improvement
- Willingness and ability to perform field work and travel, including assignments that may last several months away from the office
- Ability to lift 60 pounds and be physically able to negotiate construction sites, enter trenches, climb ladders and work outside
- Prior internship or professional work in a related field (i.e. geotechnical engineering, construction, civil engineering, etc.)
- Ability to pass a background check which may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit check
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
0" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -15px; color: rgb(81, 81, 81); font-family: Roboto, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-thickness: initial; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">
0" style="box-sizing: border-box;">RequiredBachelors or better in Civil Engineering or related field.