Why join us?We are hiring! The Structural Designer will provide design, production and coordination of construction plans and drawings in support of structural engineering systems, including site visits when needed. Atkins is currently seeking a Structural Designer to join our Architecture Engineering team in our Miami, FL office. About UsAtkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.How will you contribute to the team?
- Designs and develops structural plans and supporting calculations, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or construction documents.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary, including site visits.
- Organizes and conducts engineering investigations and planning work which have a well-defined scope.
- Coordinates with other disciplines as required.
- Performs field-observations of existing conditions in preliminary design phase.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- Provide engineering services during construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with permit set & specifications.
- Assist as needed to provide RFI responses to field-conditions.
- 2 years of current experience using CAD software and finite element analysis tools as the primary tools to generate structural design documents.
- Proficient is use of MS Word and Excel.
- Upholds strict observance of client-specific design directives and methodologies.
- Maintains updated knowledge of governmental regulations, codes and ordinances and applies them to plans, as needed.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or equivalent technical discipline, or Associate's degree plus a minimum of eight years' progressive drafting and design experience, including at least two as a Designer, or HS diploma (or equivalent) plus a minimum of ten years progressive drafting and design experience.
- EI is preferred, with route to PE License.
- Proficiency in CAD; good interpersonal skills.
- Revit Experience is preferred, with solid foundation of Finite Element Analysis Software
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and operate computer equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Ability to interpret data, conceptualize ideas, and prepare designs.
What we offer at Atkins:At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statementAtkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice. Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies