Accepting applications for Spring 2022 NeedsPosition Summary: Our Staff Engineer s fully embrace ENGEO’s culture of continuous learning and can-do spirit. While working with ENGEO’s skilled geotechnical team , y ou will gain hands-on geotechnical experience on a wide variety of challenging projects . You will be encouraged and supported to grow personally and professionally through mentorships and other learning opportunities. “I have gotten amazing opportunities to push what I have learned and to learn from others. Each day I have gotten stronger as an engineer and as a person by the challenges presented to me.” - Taylor Strack, Staff Engineer Primary Responsibilities
- Design earth-retaining structures, slope stabilization, remedial grading, landslide mitigation, and foundations
- Development of plans and specifications, settlement analyses, liquefaction analyses seismic evaluation
- Develop geotechnical recommendations for construction on private and public projects
- Get exposure to field work including exploratory logging, observation of pier and pile installation, and observation of grading operations.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with clients, subcontractors, city agents, project managers (locally and in other regional offices) and internal support staff
- Perform well-defined field, analytical, and project administrative responsibilities under close, regular direction from project management with encouragement to manage yourself and projects when you are ready, even if it's a month after you start? May be assigned increasingly more complex, non-routine tasks with review and oversight from project management.
Experience and Skills:
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1-3 years-professional/relevant internship/field experience
- A team player who enjoys problem - solving and fast-paced environments
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude
- Desire to continually learn and grow
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven to go above and beyond in client service
All Candidate Criteria
- Education: M.S. degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering (required).
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Products. Se ismic and GIS experience a plus
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse environment
- Have the ability to work and succeed as a team also while being resourceful when working alone in the field
Who We Are ENGEO strives to create a positive, family-oriented , and innovative environment, where employees are engaged and excellence-driven. As an ENGEO team member, you will have access to mentorships, international opportunities, fun social events, and generous benefit packages. Here, you’ll receive exposure to a wide variety of projects, help to serve those around you, and drive business success. Click HERE to learn why we are listed in 2020’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in the Bay Area by Great Places to Work. What We Do Founded in 1971, ENGEO is an employee-owned firm of approximately 300+ geotechnical and civil engineers, geologists, hydrologists, water resources engineers, environmental scientists , and construction-phase field representatives. ENGEO serves a diverse range of clients and projects and has offices located throughout California, Nevada, New Zealand , and Australia.? We appreciate your interest in ENGEO.