Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a "Best Firms to Work For" and top 100 "Hot Firms" in the nation. Langan is seeking an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, Engineer or Hydrogeologist to join its collaborative team in Philadelphia, PA. This individual will serve a key function in providing field services for construction and site investigation projects, including performing field tests and collecting field data, monitoring complex construction related projects, and compiling daily reports. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of top-notch professionals in a variety of geographic areas and regulatory programs and to collaborate and learn from our multi-disciplinary team of site civil, geotechnical, survey, and landscape architect professionals on landmark land development projects. We support lifelong learning, career progression and engagement in outside professional organizations. Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning and execution of field investigations by performing field tests, collecting samples, collecting and recording data, and performing routine calculations;
- Monitor complex construction projects by taking various tests to evaluate whether the contractor or subcontractor has complied with job specifications;
- Identify and implement solutions to both routine and more complex field and/or laboratory problems and accurately documents results. Communicate with supervisor on any problems encountered on project sites;
- Prepare reports documenting field investigations and analytical results;
- Prepare a variety of standard logs and field forms (such as drilling logs, field investigation dailies, and chain of custody logs); and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related;
- 5 to 7 years of field experience in New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania related to environmental investigations and remediation projects;
- Office experience related to scheduling, technical report writing, and lab coordination;
- Knowledge of NJDEP, PADEP, CERCLA, and RCRA regulations;
- Strong understanding of accepted sampling and analytical techniques;
- Knowledge of groundwater flow, aquifer characteristic testing, and LNAPL/DNAPL behavior;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement field work, and provide training to new team members;
- Working knowledge of computers; AutoCAD, GIS modeling, and mapping and data visualization experience;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Holding a professional license or interest in attaining a professional license such as Professional Geologist or Licensed Site Remediation Professional is a plus;
- Candidates must be able to spend at least 50% of working hours in the field routinely with job-dependent increases in field time;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing, be experienced with urban and high traffic driving and have reliable transportation; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.