Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a "Best Firms to Work For" and top 100 "Hot Firms" in the nation. Langan is seeking an Environmental Engineer, Scientist, or Geologist to join its collaborative team in New York, NY. This individual will serve a key function in environmental site investigation and remediation work; soil and groundwater sampling; vapor intrusion investigation; remedial investigation, design, implementation, and monitoring; drilling supervision; pilot tests; data management, processing and evaluation; and report preparation. In this role, you will have cross-disciplinary opportunities working in a continuous learning environment. Job Responsibilities:
- Assists with the planning and execution of field investigations by logging borings, collecting samples, performing field tests and collecting and recording data. Performs routine and special calculations.
- Monitors construction projects by taking various tests to evaluate whether the contractor or subcontractor has complied with job specifications.
- Identifies and implements solutions to both routine and more complex field and/or laboratory problems and accurately documents results. Communicates with supervisor on any problems encountered on project sites.
- Prepares reports documenting field investigations and analytical results. Prepares a variety of standard logs and field forms (such as drilling logs, field investigation dailies, and chain of custody logs).
- Learns data management and modeling tools for environmental media, how to perform engineering analyses, and how to properly use field equipment.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Geology;
- Minimum GPA of 3.0;
- EIT Certification, or current registration for FE exam;
- 0-2 years of related local (New York State and/or New York City) environmental experience with a knowledge and understanding of local environmental regulations work;
- Experience in preparing field documentation, project specifications, and reports;
- Working knowledge of computers and AutoCAD design software;
- Strong attention to detail excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.