Staff EngineerWe are looking for a Staff Engineer with 2 to 4 years of experience who is interested in design, installation, construction, monitoring, assessment, and operations and maintenance of environmental control and monitoring systems for landfills, transfer stations, remediation sites, and other sites requiring environmental mitigation or protection measures.This position will include field work, generally local, but some travel and overnight stays including weekends will be required. AutoCAD C3D, HydroCAD, and slope stability experience is a plus. As our Staff Engineer you will take direction from and work beneath senior level staff. The ideal person for this position seeks a fast paced, challenging environment, a place to grow and improve skills, and a collaborative environment that is conducive to the development of their personal skills. Responsibilities:
- Assist and implement site layout grading, drainage, site utilities, including design of force mains, leachate collection systems, landfill gas collection systems, storm water management and erosion and sediment control.
- Solid waste engineering design and permitting (landfills, transfer stations and recycling facilities)
- Preparing technical reports such as operating plans, CQA reports, and permit applications
- Collecting air and water monitoring samples
- Analyzing technical data
- Report writing Implement logic and creativity in Design Issues
- Effective communication with colleagues and superiors
- Use of computer-aided design (AutoCAD) packages to design projects
- Construction observation and documentation
- Bachelors of Science in Civil, Geological or Environmental Engineering required
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MS Word and Excel.
- EIT license preferred
- High level of attention to detail required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include proposal writing and reporting
- Two years of experience or background in civil, geological, or solid waste
- Experience in Rational and SCS hydrological analysis preferred
- Experience with State and Municipal projects a plus
- Flexible schedule for overtime
- Travel will be required
- Valid Driver's license required
From its inception in 1991, Weaver Consultants Group has been founded upon the tenets of attentive and responsive customer service, strong project management, and solid internal financial controls. The quality of our people, our focus on understanding and responding to our clients' needs, and our application of good business management practices have resulted in most new projects originating from our existing customer base. Weaver Consultants Group prides itself on our people - A talented group of engineers, scientists, support staff and administrators who are as dedicated to client service as they are to their professional or technical discipline. If you are a motivated and committed individual, please apply to join our growing team! EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/DisabilityWeaver Consultants Group maintains a drugfree workplace.