Since 1955, Nicholson Construction Company has been setting the industry standard for performance and technical innovation in geotechnical construction. We have built our reputation by performing the highest quality work and providing the most innovative solutions on the widest range of demanding and high profile projects. Nicholson is part of a global network of unparalleled geotechnical resources and expertise, specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, ground treatment and ground improvement.Summary:
- Provides technical, quality control and administrative support to Superintendents, Project Engineers and Project Managers on job sites.
- This is a temporary, full time position located at our jobsite near Wharton, TX. The project is expected to last approximately 1 year.
- Ensures that all Nicholson and OSHA safety regulations are followed and enforced
- Ensures all installation follows Nicholson Quality Control Manual, Approved Submittals and Work Plans
- Performs field quality control tests
- Prepares and manages quality control and production records
- Researches and resolves drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors
- Runs small work crews (technical tasks like water testing, load testing, etc.)
- Performs field surveys and resolves geometry issues
- Prepares drawings and sketches to support construction work
- Orders materials, writes purchase orders, and tracks inventory
- Assists in preparation of change order documentation and claim analysis
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related degree is required along with 2-6 years of construction equipment/ techniques (i.e. drawings, specifications, building materials, surveying, design, or geotechnical work)
- Prior construction site work experience a plus.
- Basic knowledge of bidding and job costing procedures
- Knowledgeable in structural and geotechnical designs related to our techniques
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Converse effectively using both verbal and written communication.
- Make decisions and assume accountability
- Concentrate on tasks
- Demonstrate ability to manage stress and emotions as related to the workplace
- Attention to detail
- Identify and resolve conflict
- Assess safety and risk
- Lift, carry, pull and push at least 40 pounds
- Travel per the company travel policy, often overnight and away from home