Since 1955, Nicholson Construction Company has been setting the industry standard for performance and technical innovation in geotechnical construction. We have built our reputation by performing the highest quality work and providing the most innovative solutions on the widest range of demanding and high profile projects. Nicholson is part of a global network of unparalleled geotechnical resources and expertise, specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, ground treatment and ground improvement.Summary:
- Day to day management of all onsite construction activities on a given project in accordance with the contract requirements and work plan.
- Ensures that all Nicholson and OSHA safety regulations are met and enforced; bottom line responsibility for safety on site.
- Develops JSA’s, holds safety meetings and provides safety training as needed.
- Implements the construction plan and follows the budget developed by the project team.
- Overall supervision of local craft labor.
- Schedules and maintains owned and rental equipment.
- Orders and schedules delivery of materials and consumables.
- Ensures that all required quality control checks are performed (including inspections).
- Supervises and mentors the Field Engineer(s) on site.
- Reviews and/or prepares all required on-site documentation.
- Attends on site meetings and coordinates site activities with the client as required.
- Ensures that the project is built to the shop drawings and specifications at the level of quality required and in accordance with the Nicholson Quality Control Manual.
- Identifies and documents additional work falling outside contract requirements.
- Prepares short term schedules and goals for the project.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED along with 5 years of geotechnical construction experience, including time spent as operator, labor foreman, or field/project engineer
- OSHA 30-hour Training Certification
- Should have previous experience with various geotechnical techniques, including diaphragm walls, slurry wall cutoffs and secant piling
- Proven ability to run a work crew.
- Able to concentrate at a high degree in a busy and noisy construction environment.
- Lift, carry, pull and push at least 40 pounds
- Travel per the company travel policy, often overnight and away from home
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Safe Harbor Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Personal days
- Sick days