Since 1955, Nicholson Construction Company has been setting the industry standard for performance and technical innovation in geotechnical construction. We have built our reputation by performing the highest quality work and providing the most innovative solutions on the widest range of demanding and high profile projects. Nicholson is part of a global network of unparalleled geotechnical resources and expertise, specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, ground treatment and ground improvement.Summary:
- Provides overall leadership and management for large and complex heavy civil pr
- Will be accountable for the overall responsibility for safety, quality and the P&L statement of the project.
- Driven by commitment to the organization, you are a Team-Builder with broad spectrum talent that allows for the management of key relationships from the Client, to the Project Team, to external Stakeholders and Field supervision.
- Fully proficient with the technical aspects, leadership and communications skills required to completely lead complex, multidisciplinary heavy civil projects.
- Ensure that all Nicholson and OSHA safety regulations are met and enforced; bottom line responsibility for safety
- Assist in business development, risk assessment, bid preparation, selling and closing new work
- Assist in contract negotiation and oversees subcontractor procurement
- Oversee all aspects of a project in accordance with the Nicholson Project Management Manual
- Responsible for designs, submittals, material ordering, pre-job planning and scheduling
- Create and review job budgets, cost reports, forecasts and cash flows
- Primary contact for clients and subcontractors
- Manage A/R collections
- Coordinate, review and submit project change orders, extra work orders, and back charge documentation
- Analyze, develop and submit claims
- Coordinate with the Regional Manager and Risk Manager for support and overall strategy
- Ensure that all Nicholson policies are followed (safety, quality, travel, drug testing, HR, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering preferred
- Minimum 10 years of Project Management experience within the heavy civil construction industry with a strong emphasis on geotechnical processes and techniques.
- Previous experience leading projects valued in excess of $20 million.
- Knowledge of the geotechnical techniques that Nicholson performs is preferred, including excavation, auger cast pile and grouting.
- Proficient with bidding and job costing procedures
- Ability to make recommendations for project related decisions such as bidding, estimating and risk assessment
- Ability to meet with clients; create and deliver presentations; and negotiate contracts
- Ability to manage in-house and subcontracted engineering services
- Ability to make proactive decisions.
- Proven experience with managing client meetings
- OSHA 10-hour safety training
- First Aid/CPR
- Lift, carry, pull and push at least 40 pounds
- Able to work in all types of weather
- Reaching high and low, stooping, and bending
- Able to concentrate at a high degree in a busy and noisy construction environment
- Travel per the company travel policy, often overnight and away from home
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Safe Harbor Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Personal days
- Sick days