Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2020, Langan ranked as one of the top 5 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms. Langan is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join its collaborative team in New York City. This individual will serve a key function in providing assistance with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. In this role, you will have the opportunity to you will be working on both small-scale and large-scale projects. Candidates must be able to work effectively in the office and perform field inspections of geotechnical investigations and construction projects, if necessary. The successful candidate will possess of a strong technical education, practical field experience, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position. Job Requirements:
- Office experience with investigation coordination and assisting in geotechnical report writing;
- Experience with neighboring structure monitoring during construction a plus;
- Desired field experience in: driven and drilled pile construction, footings subgrade and backfill inspection, and excavation support system design and construction inspection;
- Experience in assisting project manager with field work coordination and project management support a plus; and
- Fieldwork is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering (strongly preferred);
- 3 to 5 years of related geotechnical experience;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- Ideally will possess a minimum of 3 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspection;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.