As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining BESIX Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Due to our continued growth and increased workload BESIX Watpac are looking for Senior Design Manager to join our NSW business to be involved in the bidding and delivery of major building and infrastructure projects throughout Sydney metro.
- Proactively drive company safety policies, practices and procedures in compliance with OH&S legislative requirements to provide a safe workplace at all times.
- Ensure compliance with the Company Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Review the tender documents and develop the Design Consultants’ Scopes of Work.
- Establish the applicable authority requirements, identify design and cost advantages/value management initiatives.
- Establish the design and construction methodology and programme, the preparation of the tender submission and return brief and participate in post-tender interviews.
- Manage the design team and the emerging documentation working closely with the construction team to ensure that the emerging documentation meets the required cost budgets and programme for construction works.
- Participate in the selection of any design and construct subcontractors and manage all authority approvals.
- Progressively monitor the production of workshop drawings and coordination with other trade documents and manage design change requirements
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience
- Degree in a relevant discipline together with solid experience in Design Management.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the external and internal business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills through development of productive relationships with colleagues and team members
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment
- Proven high level of professionalism, maturity and candour in daily work ethic
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
Our benefits include;
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.