Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Belemco, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, West Construct, Socogetra, Sanotec and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
As a commissioning Manager on the Rail Baltica Central Station project in Riga, the following tasks are to be undertaken:1. Develop a project wide Commissioning Strategy for all disciplines in the project (Infrastructure, Rail Sub Systems and City works) in line with the contract requirements, Local Latvian legislation and European legislation. Strategical focus is on Commissioning of Railway infrastructure.2. Be the interface and manager of te contacts with
- 1. Notified Body (NoBo)
- 2. Assessment Bodu (AsBO)
- 3. Infrastructure Manager 1435
- 4. Infrastructure Manager 1520 (LDZ – together with local support)
- 5. National Safety Authority (BVKV/VDZTI – together with local support)
Commissioning manager has as responsibility to schedule and obtain approvals from each of the above parties (supported by local experts/consultants/sub-contractors)3. Define and obtain approval of the commissioning needs for each project discipline4. Develop the Commissioning schedule and the related validation testing and documentation schedule5. Define and fine tune the design documentation process, Construction and quality control process and as-built documentation process to fit the needs of the Commissioning6. Set up a process control system to follow up progress and identify at the soonest delays in the commissioning process to mitigate risks of delays to the minimal
- You have a Master degree in civil engineering or Mechanical or Electro-mechanical Engineer (or equivalent) with experience in RAIL WAY projects
- You have proven a track record with Experience in Commissioning of RAILWAY PROJECTS in EU legislation context; including: experience with managing compliance demonstration related to Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI) And Experience with Application and validation of Common Safety Method (CSM)
- You are fluent in English and/or French. Speaking another language is an asset.
- You drive and Manage a team of local experts and expertise sub-contractors. A pro-active supporting and team player mentality s required to ensure best results in this multi-cultural context
- You identify with our core competencies by possessing an entrepreneurial mind, showing flexibility, being innovative and result-oriented while promoting teamwork
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing, innovative world, experiencing at first hand the challenging topics we have to face in the coming years. Being a part of the BESIX group is taking part in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial company with ambitious & innovative development plans. We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds, genders, to build the iconic projects of tomorrow. With our purpose of Excel in creating sustainable solution for a better world, we are driving our company forward.Are you ready to make an impact?Working at BESIX means getting a lot of interesting benefits:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market, flexible mobility advantages, teleworking, health & group insurance, meal vouchers, ….
- A career enhancement programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects both on local as an international environment
- Remain locally anchored for the coming years or dare for an international career opportunity within the group