As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
Due to BESIX Watpac's growth into new construction sectors in particular the civil, bridges and marine sectors we are looking to bring a Civil PM into our Victorian business initially supporting front end opportunities you will be responsible for helping to develop a new sector of the BESIX Watpac business, typical duties of the role will include;
- Manage and deliver on each construction phase to the agreed standards, on time and within the allocated budget.
- Ensure that infrastructure and marine projects are compliant with the relevant environmental approvals and with any applicable legislation and policy requirement.
- Manage the production of suitable design and specification documents to support planning approval, cost planning, contract preparation and award and construction processes.
- Oversee all contract documents to ensure appropriate outcomes and to meet the requirements of product specifications (and related materials).
- Manage the coordination of contracted work to enable the best use of the clients’ resources and contracted resources.
- Work within the project management framework, implement and use the range of project tools available to manage infrastructure contracts, technical specifications, and provide specific technical/construction advice, feedback, and guidance to the client and teams.
- Develop strong professional working relationships with all team members, peers, delivery partners, and clients.
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience
- Degree/Diploma in Construction or Building or related discipline
- Proven previous project experience delivering civil infrastructure, marine or bridge projects
- Solid experience in construction and management
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills
- Proven ability to build and lead an effective results driven team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment
- Proven high level of professionalism, maturity and candour in daily work ethic
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
Our benefits include;
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.