Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager - Geotechnical Design to join the team at our Ottawa office.
• Manage and supervise geotechnical investigations, assessments, and geotechnical or multidisciplinary design projects using an approach based on optimization and innovation whenever possible
• Take an active role in the entire project management process (contract, financial aspects, resource management, technical quality verification, communication and follow-up with clients, etc.)
• Perform static and dynamic analyses combined with soil-structure interaction when applicable
• Prepare and approve geotechnical investigation reports, geotechnical data reports (GDR), and geotechnical baseline reports (GBR)
• Prepare and approve technical notes as well as study and design reports
• Prepare and approve various plans and specifications related to geotechnical design
• Offer clients new technical solutions while incorporating the company’s existing services and expertise
• Follow-up on the implementation of geostructural designs via site technicians and engineers
• Participate in bidding procedures, and when required for large multidisciplinary projects, in collaboration with other departments
• Ensure that GHD's quality and safety standards are followed and enforced
• Participate in the business group at the strategic level by collaborating with various regions and disciplines
• Play a key role in the mentoring and technical development of young professionals
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, geological engineering, or other relevant discipline
• Graduate degree in civil or geological engineering with a specialization in soil-structure interaction and/or digital modelling
• Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (acquired or pending); accreditation as an engineer in other Canadian provinces and the United States an asset
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in geotechnical design
• In-depth knowledge in the field of geotechnical design (soil behaviour, in-situ and laboratory tests, calculation and design methods, codes and standards, etc.); knowledge of digital tools used in geotechnical and geostructural design, such as PLAXIS 2D and 3D, FLAC 2D and 3D, Ensoft suite (LPILE, GROUP), GeoStudio suite, and Rocscience suite digital modelling software
• Experience in alternative delivery projects (e.g., design-build, PPP, IPD, etc.) an asset
• Bilingualism (French and English), spoken and written
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
• Relevant experience in project and personnel management
• Possibility of international mobility (short term and long term) throughout GHD's markets around the world (Canada, USA, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, UAE etc.); opportunities for mandates, professional development, international GHD professional meetings, etc.
• 100% employee-owned company, share ownership program available
• Reimbursement of continuing education expenses offered to employees
• Group insurance program with premiums 100% paid by the employer
• Group RRSP program available with a matching contribution from the employer
• Flexible work schedule program available to balance work and family
• Variable compensation program, such as discretionary and project bonuses
• Reimbursement of professional order dues
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients. GHD offers a professional corporate culture and work environment in addition to attractive compensation based on your qualifications, skills, and experience. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Additional information: We have used masculine pronouns in a neutral sense to indicate both men and women.