Engineering- Infrastructure Structural 4-6 Yrs. Exp. (Structural – Los Angeles)KPFF’s has an opening for a Structural Engineer in our Los Angeles office. We are seeking a highly motivated person with a passion for engineering excellence, and eager to develop design and project management skills. This position will provide the opportunity to work for a variety of public and private clients on all types of projects through planning, design, permitting and construction. Our work focuses on structural design on bridges, design-build transportation, heavy civil structures and waterfront infrastructure projects on the West Coast region. Our engineers work in a team structure that allows frequent collaboration and connection to all layers of our organization, from interns to Principals. We foster a culture where our engineers collaborate outside of the project work through social events, educational programs and technical training. We provide numerous opportunities for professional growth, learning, and teaching. Individual accomplishments and successful projects determine your future at KPFF, and your dedication and talent will drive your career here. Ideal Qualifications Include:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of structural design experience with a PE in the State of California or ability to get reciprocity.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (with a structural emphasis)
- M.S in Civil Engineering preferred (with a structural emphasis)
- EIT is required
- Bridge design experience
- Concrete, steel, and timber coursework and /or design experience
- Pre-stressed concrete and seismic coursework and/or design experience
- Familiarity with performance-based seismic design, non-linear push-over analysis and soil-structure interaction analysis.
- Knowledge of AASHTO, ASCE7, ASCE61-14, IBC, AISC, ACI and NDS
- Proficiency in SAP2000, L-Pile, CSI Bridge, MS Excel, and VBA is preferred
- Ability to work dynamically with clients and project team members
- An interest in working on a wide variety of non-building related project types.
- Ability to prepare structural engineering documents and specifications for projects
- Ability to read redlines and modify drawings accurately
Examples of Projects:
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Industrial Developments
- Cruise Terminals
- Small Boat Harbors and Marinas
- Railway Infrastructure
- Water Treatment Infrastructure
In order to be considered, submit unlocked PDFs of your most current transcripts for all undergraduate & graduate coursework along with a cover letter.The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not an all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered. Physical Demands and Work EnvironmentDuties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.May occasionally need to lift items up to 15 lbs. BenefitsWe offer medical, dental (optional), life insurance and long/short term disability, paid holiday/vacation/sick time, and an excellent 401K plan with employer contribution. KPFF also offers a bonus program based on profitability of the business and employee performance. Our EmployeesAre valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions. Our CompanyKPFF Consulting Engineers provides civil and structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. Our Los Angeles Structural office is located at the Bloc in Downtown Los Angeles. A warm and friendly environment, we are dedicated to growing with our employees and allowing people to pursue their passions. KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.