Tectonic is actively seeking a full-time Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist with heavy civil construction inspection experience related to underground structures, including tunnels, shafts, rock reinforcement, piles and caissons, grouting, ground improvement, etc. for exciting projects in the New York City Metro Area! This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for professional growth and development with a top firm! ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Essential functions include performing various geotechnical engineering design, services, investigations, design and inspections, for projects related to underground structures, including tunnels, shafts, rock reinforcement, piles and caissons, grouting, ground improvement, etc. to ensure compliance with approved construction documents and referenced standards as required. This may include performing and supervising work including, but not limited to the inspection of test borings, test pits, subgrades, drilled and driven piles, underpinning, SOE systems, and deformation/vibration monitoring services. In addition, the employee must regularly read, interpret, and perform technical review of blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, computer-generated reports, construction manuals, and project procedure guides to obtain a thorough knowledge of the applicable plans and specifications, and to confirm that the documents are sufficient. The employee will also perform complex calculations to verify the feasibility of various plans and specifications and will prepare necessary reports and drawings as required. QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid New York State Professional Engineering License or Professional Geologist License, with a BS Degree in Civil Engineering or a BS in Geological Science or similar;
- Minimum of 6 years of related geotechnical or geological experience;
- Experience with civil construction inspection required; more specifically, experience relating to underground structures (tunnels, shafts, rock reinforcement, piles and caissons, grouting, ground improvement, etc.) is required;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with effective oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with the client and contractor;
- Diversified knowledge of technology, materials, equipment, design concepts and construction techniques;
- Good computer skills, with basic functionality in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as design software programs;
- Valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to project sites as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently required to assume a stationary position, handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job and communicate about same. The employee may also regularly move around on the job-site, including ascending or descending on the landscape or on a ladder, and positioning themselves appropriately to access necessary testing materials and equipment, usually for prolonged periods of time, sometimes in hazardous weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or extreme heat. For some types of investigations and assessments, the employee may lift and/or move up to 31 lbs. In accordance with the level of visual detail required for this position, close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus are required for this position. The employee may also be required to undergo substance abuse testing in accordance with project requirements, US DOT Regulations, and/or Company policy. The employee will also communicate with colleagues, supervisors and clients using the Company e-mail and telephone systems. The employee will regularly operate a computer, as well as other related office machinery, such as calculators, printers, and copy machines. This position requires the occasional operation of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit-sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.