The Project Manager will serve in a critical leadership role in Louis Berger Services’, Inc. (LBS) Infrastructure Asset Maintenance (IAM) practice in the state of South Carolina. The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing all operations, maintenance, on-call engineering and potential services work for fixed and moveable bridge assets along the coastal regions of South Carolina.
The Project Manager will develop and implement operations and maintenance work plans for all bridge related routine maintenance associated with the fixed and moveable bridge assets. The Project Manager is responsible for performing the following key duties and activities:
- Serves as the company’s Lead Project Manager for the Client in the implementation of a comprehensive bridge asset management project.
- Oversees the performance of a project team and subcontractors performing operations, maintenance, engineering, incident response and repair services of fixed and moveable bridge assets.
- Manages in-house engineers and engineering sub-consultants for potential services projects included rehabilitation, repair and emergency services.
- Serves as the main point of contact for company senior management to communicate project status, identify/mitigate risks and accomplishment of project objectives.
- Manages all aspects of a project’s scope, schedule and budget to drive efficiency and financial success.
- Implements a comprehensive safety program and ensures a cohesive safety culture across all project resources.
- Ensures project compliance with SCDOT regulations and contract requirements to include but not limited to submission of all project records, reports, invoices and deliverables on time and completely.
- Serves as the project’s structures engineer and resident subject matter expert on structural assets.
- Works with the Assistant Project Manager in establishing project work plans, methods, budgets and scoping.
- Understands and abides by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Louis Berger Code of Business Conduct.
- Performs all other duties as prescribed by management.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in civil/structural/mechanical/electrical engineering.
- A licensed professional engineer (PE) registered in South Carolina or capable of registering in South Carolina is highly preferreid.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of successful experience with bridge design, construction, and inspection and/or the general operational/maintenance management of bridges. Experience with complex movable bridges is strongly desired.
- Experience in public relations and communication with state and local government entities and the US Coast Guard is highly desired.
- Knowledge of elementary engineering principles and standard methods used in highway design and construction, experience and expertise in structures desired.
- Experience managing operations with demonstrated understanding of emergency/incident management and responsiveness, and work zone, construction traffic control.
- Knowledge of SCDOT’s project delivery process is preferred.
- Position is based in Charleston, SC with operations responsibility in Myrtle Beach, SC and Beaufort, SC.
- Must be able to professionally interact with customers and stakeholders of all levels.
- Fluent English reading and writing skills.
- Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license.
- Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities.