LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and is a certified Great Place To Work. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
We are currently hiring a Procurement Coordinator for our Program Management Division at our client’s Binghamton, NY office.
The Program Management Services Division at LaBella provides comprehensive management services for complex projects and multi-year capital programs. Project teams are established to provide a customized mix of business consulting, project management, financial control and monitoring, administrative, and technical support services.
The Procurement Coordinator serves as a liaison between the Client Business unit(s), and the Client’s Strategic Sourcing and Material Management groups. This position will have a heavy focus on material analysis and the management of materials. The Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for analyzing data, accurately interpreting information and identifying/ executing the appropriate course of action. The Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, facilitating, and expediting material and service procurements for capital projects and will work collaboratively with internal and external team members to meet objectives. The Procurement Coordinator must be able to work well in a fast-paced, demanding environment while building strong relationships with various groups.
The ideal candidate will have technical expertise and experience in the areas of MRP/ Material Management and Procurement. The candidate will have excellent critical thinking skills, will display the ability to make sound decisions on their own, will be a self-starter, possess excellent communication skills and have great attention to detail. The ability to collaborate and work as a team is required.
- Manage material requirements for assigned programs and projects
- Analyze and forecast material requirements
- Track deliverables and prepare reports as directed
- Issue purchase orders and perform necessary accounts payable activities
- Work with Project Managers to develop & execute procurement strategies
- Prepare bid packages and administer bid process
- Prepare change orders, sole source documents, and other forms as necessary
- Assist with other work tasks as requested
- Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field
- Five (5) years of Procurement and/or Supply Chain Experience
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) is desirable, or the ability to obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Understanding of and ability to apply procurement methodologies, concepts, practices and standards.
- Advanced strategic thinking, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to build and foster positive working relationships with differing personality types
- Deep knowledge and direct experience in MRP
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- ERP experience (SAP experience is desired)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.Company Perks
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.