LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and is a certified Great Place To Work. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
We currently are looking for qualified candidates in our NY office locations to lead Commissioning projects as part of our Energy & Commissioning group. LaBella's Energy & Commissioning group provides our employees a collaborative, professional working environment, allowing for personal growth and responsibility on a variety of significant projects that serve our target markets.
The Lead Commissioning Agent will provide commissioning, retro-commissioning and energy related services for complex buildings and systems.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Clients, Consultants and other agencies of the project team.
- Develop and refine methodologies, tools, and standards in support of an evolving commissioning practice.
- Serve as, subject matter expert, and client coordinator for multi-discipline commissioning projects.
- Attend Commissioning meetings and communicate professionally with clients and senior project leaders.
- Provide direction and oversight to junior commissioning engineers and other project team members.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans, testing and reporting. Conduct on-site investigation and inspection of multi-discipline projects.
- Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes. Remain current with industry trends and best practices.
- Identify target clients and cultivate effective relationships with existing and potential key clients, customers and contractors to develop business.
- Contribute to business development strategy, proposal development, customer interviews, and contract negotiation.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Obtained or in pursuit of a NYS PE license.
- Energy and/or Commissioning certifications from industry organizations is a plus (CEM, CBCP, BCxP, BEAP, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in Commissioning and Project Management.
- Strong leadership and planning skills
- Strong project management skills including the ability to schedule, estimate and write contracts
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mechanical design experience in HVAC and controls. Functional working knowledge and problem solving ability for M/E/P/FP, and building automation systems.
- Perform work in field environments including elevated areas, confined spaces, outdoors, mechanical rooms, etc. Perform physical activities as required to complete on site commissioning activities.
- Able to travel for assignments to project locations. Occasionally perform Cx activities outside normal business hours as construction schedules or tasks require.
The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.Company Perks
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.