LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and is a certified Great Place To Work. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
We are currently hiring a Scheduler / Cost Controller in LaBella’s Program Management Services Division at our client’s office in Rochester, NY.
The Program Management Services Division at LaBella provides comprehensive management services for complex projects and multi-year capital programs. Project teams are established to provide a customized mix of business consulting, project management, financial control and monitoring, administrative, and technical support services.
The Scheduler/Cost Controller is responsible for producing a variety of regular and ad-hoc reports in support of our project planning and control initiatives. Working closely with the project team, they play a key role in ensuring that policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to. The Scheduler/Cost Controller is responsible for developing, implementing, preparing, reconciling and maintaining valuable project control data and reports for projects. Scheduler/Cost Controller assists with meeting the client’s objectives by preparing monitoring project and developer financial attributes, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Develop and Maintain project schedules through project close-out.
- Monitor and report on project costs and commitment to budget and forecast.
- Verify accuracy of cost information – including confirmation that costs have been properly coded and allocated to the project budget.
- Review and evaluate cost trends and their impact on project progress.
- Monitor project change control and ensure change order register match the project financial plan(s).
- Assess progress measurement and develop/update progress curves for the project progress reporting.
- Prepare needed regulatory reporting and status reports.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or related field
- Three (3) years of experience in project cost controls
- Preference will be given to candidates with Certified Assistant Project Manager (CAPM) certification.
- Four (4) years of scheduling experience.
- Experience in a electric utility environment
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience demonstrating strong attention to detail.
- SAP Experience
The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.Company Perks
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.