At Haley & Aldrich, our goal is to deliver exceptional service to our clients and our communities. And we know that to do so, we need diverse and unconventional thinkers. That’s why we foster a culture that provides collaboration, flexibility, and support – so our staff can bring their unique value to bear, and explore the areas they’re passionate about. Are you looking to work in an environment where you can be your authentic self and work on projects that are meaningful to you?Join our team, as an Entry Level Geotechnical Engineer at Hart Crowser, a division of Haley and Aldrich in Honolulu, Hawaii. As a geotechnical engineer you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects. Our mid-sized division allows entry-level candidates immediate heightened responsibilities, and an open-door policy encourages 1:1 access to some of the best and most experienced geotechnical leaders in the region.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Perform geotechnical engineering calculations and analyses.
- Perform Geotechnical report writing.
- Complete Geotechnical field exploration and sample collection.
- Perform Geotechnical construction monitoring and testing.
- Participate in client meeting and presentations.
- Master of Science in Geotechnical Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training License
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer license in 3- to 4-years
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- A team attitude and the ability to interact well with internal staff, and project teams that will include other consultants, contractors, and clients.
- Experience with Slide, Settle3D, gINT, and LPile
- Experience on construction sites and field explorations
- This position involves field work and some travel; while work will primarily be within the Hawaiian islands, the ability to travel and work in remote areas throughout the mainland US and internationally may be necessary. The ability to lift 50 lbs. and have a current drivers’ license with good driving record is required.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit http://www.haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.