Job DescriptionThe Airborne Systems Engineer is responsible to prepare, test, install, monitor and maintain airborne survey sensors. Some additional duties consist of researching new equipment and processing software; also, will manage the flow of data acquisition for projects. This position will assist the airborne team in planning deployments, organizing equipment and supplies; as well as a post-deployment review of activities for improvements.Job Responsibilities
- Perform preventative and reparative maintenance on all sensors, maintain awareness of sensor equipment problems.
- Monitor sensor equipment performance and be proactive to foresee and prevent sensor problems.
- Where calibration results or tests indicate a significant problem, assess the impact on completed projects and take appropriate action.
- Receive details of the project requirements from Flight Operations and ensure that relevant equipment is allocated for the project.
- May be required to serve as an airborne sensor operator as required.
- Provide relevant spares for equipment malfunctions.
- Obtain approval for the acquisition of new sensor equipment or replacement of existing equipment.
- When not in use, store senor equipment in a safe area to avoid inadvertent damage.
- Receive, store, backup, and archive all airborne data acquired, ensuring all required data is accessible.
- Coordinate with Sensor Operators to support feedback look in monitoring equipment health and support.
- Troubleshoot flight operations’ hardware/software issues.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time (both domestic and international).
- Possess or able to obtain a valid US passport.
- 2+ years of electronics experience, experience with airborne systems is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with maintaining, repairing, and deploying field sensors.
- Have a fundamental knowledge of computer operations and the aptitude to operate high-tech sensors during flight.
- Willing and able to train airborne operators on the use of sensors.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:• A choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.• Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.• Short-term and Long-term Disability.• A broad range of voluntary benefits.• An employer-matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.