Job DescriptionAssist CPT operator in daily field/yard operations of rig. i.e. handling drill pipe, mixing drill mud and use of other equipment.Job Responsibilities
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company's processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Assist in the mobilization of drilling rigs and/or cone trucks for jobs as directed. Load drill pipe, mud and equipment.
- Assist CPT operator in the operations of rig by handling drill pipe, mixing drill mud and handling casing and other equipment.
- Drive equipment to and from job location. Complete field assignments as directed.
- Familiar with and follow DOT and IFTA regulations.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Company safety rules and procedures.
- Assist in the cleaning of equipment after each job as directed and, as needed, clean equipment yard and perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work area as directed.
- Meet all utilization goals as determined by Location Manager or supervisor.
- Work in varying weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include standing, squatting and heavy lifting over long periods during workday as per the pre-placement Human Performance Evaluation.
- Work around potentially hazardous materials.
- Be able to travel extensively (required), both domestically and internationally.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally
- Class A license required
- Must have current driver's license with record in accordance with Company and DOT policies. Good mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must be equipment oriented and understand mechanics of drilling machinery.
- Must able be able to meet physical parameters of DOT and Environmental (Type IV) physical.
- Must be able to complete OSHA 29CFR1910.120 40 Hour course and appropriate refreshers and other safety courses by written exam.
- Able to pass and maintain all Safety Council required courses.
- Must be able to pass random and annual drug screens with negative results.
- Background check results must be acceptable for entrance to government sites and chemical plants and acceptable for issuance of TWIC card.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.