We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions. From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you a Principal Geotechnical Engineer passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal Geotechnical Engineer. The successful candidate will lead the design of ground engineering projects to ensure the delivery of all project requirements on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications.Being an experienced Principal Geotechnical Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
- Undertake a wide range of geotechnical design work, fully compliant with Eurocode 7
- Scope, plan and manage effective ground investigations to facilitate all project design requirements
- Progress projects through preliminary and detailed design with particular emphasis on client requirements
- Prepare and check engineering designs, calculations, and manage the production of design documents for issue to the client
- Prepare and check technical documents, reports and contract documents and assist in the preparation of expressions of interest and tenders, including cost estimates
- Supervise team members including engineers, senior engineers, senior technicians and assistant and graduate engineers
- Liaise with clients, maintaining a strong client relationship, and ensure their requirements are effectively communicated to the team
- Assist with contract preparation together with project planning and programming.
- Project administration reporting to Line Management including monitoring programme delivery, resources and budgets
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Chartered Engineer (C.Eng, C.Geol or equivalent)
- Bachelor or Masters Degree or equivalent in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geology or Civil Engineering (with strong Geotechnical ability and experience)
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and geotechnical design software
- Broad capability in geotechnical design – earthworks, retaining structures, foundations
- Excellent knowledge of statutory processes and technical standards
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
- Significant and demonstrable experience in rail and/or highways
- Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.