We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions. From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you a Geotechnical Engineer passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Geotechnical Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake production of geotechnical designs, working as part of a dedicated Ground Engineering design team.As a Geotechnical Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
- Plan and execute of desk studies
- Plan, procurement and supervise ground investigations
- Supervise of less experienced staff on site
- Prepare feasibility studies and reports
- Checking of feasibility studies and reports undertaken by less experienced staff
- Analysis of geotechnical data, preparation of interpretative and design reports
- Assist Senior/Principal Engineers in checking of data analysis undertaken by others
- Undertake outline and detailed geotechnical design including foundations, slope stability and remediation designs, earthworks design and retaining walls
- Assist Senior/Principal Engineer in checking of designs undertaken by others
- Able to drive and supervise site works
- Project planning, programming, cost control and administration for small schemes
We want to hear from you if you have:
- BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc in a geotechnical/geological science (or Civil Engineering + Geotechnics) or equivalent
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite
- Knowledge of geotechnical software
- A proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients and stakeholders
- Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
- IOSH working safely
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.