Req ID: 17302
For more than 50 years, TranSystems has provided engineering and architectural planning, design and construction solutions to enhance the movement of goods and people across today’s integrated transportation infrastructure. Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., its professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the U.S. perform a broad range of services to all sectors of the transportation and federal marketplaces. Services are delivered throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to construction to long-term operations, maintenance and rehabilitation.TranSystems is seeking a motivated engineer to join our Midwest Road/Highway team. The successful candidate will provide lead design services for a diverse project portfolio comprised of DOT and Municipal projects. The ideal candidate will be creative and possess the ability to independently solve engineering design issues and take ownership of their work. The ideal candidate will also have strong listening and communication skills and be able to interact with clients and the design team throughout the project lifecycle. This engineer should also have solid writing skills and enjoy being part of a dynamic, growing team of creative professionals. TranSystems is a top pure transportation design firm in the country. Come join our team and use your skills to design some of the most important and complex projects in the KC region and the Midwest. If you love transportation projects, we are the firm for you. Our culture is fast-paced and creative, and this position is for an engineer who wants to contribute in a team environment and take advantage of growth opportunities. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Registered as a licensed Professional Engineer in Kansas and/or Missouri, or the ability to attain within one (1) year of employment.
- 4-10+ years of design experience preferred
- Knowledge of the AASHTO Green Book and Roadside Design Manual
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Bentley MicroStation V8i, Geopak SS4/SS10 and ProjectWise
- Experience with KDOT, MoDOT and/or local municipalities
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives instructions from a Project Manager as to the assigned tasks, budget for tasks, and general results expected to achieve client expectations.
- Keep Project Manager informed of design status and any changes in project schedule, scope, or required effort.
- Perform in a team environment with both design engineers and CAD technicians; ask questions, share knowledge, and mentor less experienced staff as needed.
- Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and deliverables; quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and efficient conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards.
- Analyzes information and data to perform routine design tasks.
- Research appropriate design options and document findings for Project Manager.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods.
- Prepares plans, specifications, quantities and cost estimates for the design of roadway engineering components of projects.
- Represent the organization design team in meetings to resolve project related questions, and to plan and coordinate work.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. These activities can be accomplished in person or virtually, if needed.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments. While performing the duties of this job the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and drive a car. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10-25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, construction and field assignments can be severe (i.e. Airport noise, inside factories, construction equipment, jack hammers, etc.) Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, criminal/civil background check, and motor vehicle records search.TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one that is subject to U.S. law.
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Drafting, CAD, Transportation, Engineering