SUMMARY/COMPANY INFOHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit our company website. We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a Staff Engineer to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. This is a full-time position located in our Boston, MA office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct routine data collection, synthesis, and analysis using approved procedures appropriate for their discipline.
- Assist in identifying technical issues and approaches for evaluation.
- Review regulations as appropriate.
- Conduct site reconnaissance.
- Perform other routine data collection activities.
- Document project-related activities.
- Draft technical sections of project communications and reports.
- Perform all work in accordance with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
- Contribute to development of technical approaches to problem-solving.
- Assist with the development of technical scopes of work and cost estimating for proposal efforts on small- to medium-sized project opportunities.
- Observe and document field investigations and/or foundation and earthwork-related construction and remediation activities, on a part-time or full-time basis.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- B.S. degree in engineering (Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related discipline)
- M.S. degree strongly preferred
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains membership in one professional society or technical organization in their discipline or primary area of technical interest
- Has or applies for initial professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or FE or Equiv.
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training required
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.