SUMMARY/COMPANY INFOHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit our company website.Hart Crowser, a division of Haley and Aldrich, is currently seeking an Environmental Project Manager to assist us in our continued growth in this service area in Hawai‘i and the Pacific. We are a multi-disciplinary earth and environmental consulting firm providing a wide range of services to public and private clients. A successful history of project and team management are desired.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct research and compiling information in a clear and concise manner appropriate for communicating complex environmental issues to clients and the public.
- Write professional-quality reports.
- Conduct fieldwork, including some travel and occasional weekend work.
- Serve as project or task manager.
- Perform marketing and business development activities to develop new clients.
- Provide technical mentoring to junior staff.
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in environmental consulting, with increasing responsibility for management of projects of all sizes
- BS in Environmental Engineering or Science, or closely related field
- Experience in managing internal and external project teams that will include other consultants, contractors, and clients
- Strong communication, organizational and project management skills including budget tracking and invoicing for projects
- Technical experience in environmental compliance related to stormwater permits, Oil Pollution Prevention, and hazardous material and waste
- Knowledge of relevant local, state and federal laws and regulations
- The ability to interact well with internal staff and project teams that will include other consultants, contractors, and clients
- A commitment to teamwork, problem-solving, personal initiative, and client service
- Master’s degree in environmental science or related field.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. GIS and AutoCAD skills useful.
- Experience in preparing cost proposals and work plans.
- Experience in business development.
- If a graduated engineer, a PE license or on track for licensure.
- Experience in Phase I and Phase II investigations of contaminated soil, groundwater, surface water, and air/soil vapor, and in remedial design and construction.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.