Job DescriptionSME is seeking a Staff Engineer for a regular, full-time position with our Geotechnical Services group in our Cleveland, Ohio office. Description of Position ResponsibilitiesBoring layout Site recon Soil classification Laboratory testing Proposal preparation Report preparation Field testingTechnical Skills Required
- Computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to read plans and specifications
- Basic understanding of geotechnical engineering
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts.
- An excellent driving record and experience driving in the U.S.
Preferred Behavioral TraitsTeam Member must have good organizational, written and oral communication skills. Motivated self-starter and able to work independently. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Identify and solve problems, and work well in a team environment. Exemplify safe work practices, and follow the company's compliance standards. Punctual and hard worker.SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.