NOVA Geotechnical & Inspection Services, a Universal Engineering Sciences Company, has an opening for a Staff Engineer. Branch walk-ins welcome.
Come become a part of our family. We have a great benefits package including medical, dental, 401k match and much more.
As a Staff Engineer you will be responsible for the various tasks outlined below. You will use a company provided vehicle to travel to job sites in the area. If you’re reliable, have a good work ethic, and can cooperate with co-workers and clients respectfully, this is the position for you.
Your day as a Staff Engineer at NOVA will be both challenging and rewarding. During which, you have the opportunity to create lasting relationships with your team members. On a typical day, you can be expected to:
• Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including engineering analysis, report preparation, field exploration and laboratory services.
• Field and Laboratory sampling and Testing
• Maintain quality standards on all projects.
• Proficient engineering professional responsible for managing and executing small projects of minimal complexity.
• Analyze data, and perform engineering calculations and analysis for PE review.
• Conduct, coordinate or supervise field investigations, laboratory testing, and evaluation of respective data.
• Work closely with senior-level project manager and Professional Engineer of Record to gain project management and engineering experience.
• Makes design recommendations, adaptations and modifications for review and consideration by the Professional Engineer of Record.
• Assist in developing the scope of work for routine projects. Prepares work scope, proposals and reports and plans investigations for approval by senior level professionals.
• May supervise field staff including graduate/field engineers, engineering technicians, exploration teams, laboratory staff and other support personnel.
• Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.