NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives. NV5 is looking for experienced geotechnical engineers to join our expanding northern California business who enjoys the varied challenges of working in a growing business organization, in a vibrant and engaged community that is positioned for significant growth over the next two decades. Candidates should have experience with geotechnical investigations for a wide variety of projects including residential, schools, hospital, municipal projects and solid waste infrastructure improvements. The most qualified Team Member will have a strong technical background with extensive experience in project management, geotechnical engineering, environmental engineering, and materials testing and special inspection services. Team Members will be self-starters responsible for development of proposals and technical reports, client communications, and billing. The Team Member will work with and lead staff professional and engineering technician personnel. NV5 encourages each Team Member to be an active participate in professional and technical organizations through attending lunch and dinner meetings and attending and presenting at professional meetings and workshops.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans.
- Determines project scope by understanding client requirements, reviewing regulatory standards and preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule, coordinates resources and monitors and controls project budget.
- Supervises field work and analyzes test results.
- Ensures projects are completed according to contractual requirements and agreed-upon schedule.
- Ensures overall quality of the work.
- Coordinates the collection and dissemination of technical information within the company and to the client.
- Maintains client relationship and appropriately manages client expectations and satisfaction.
- Requires knowledge of standard engineering techniques and procedures, and professional judgment to make modifications or execute complex features or solutions.
- Ability to review and create technical documents and interpret technical plans and specifications.
- Ability to accurately report observations and test results through clear, concise verbal and written communications.
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements and industry standards for the types of projects performed.
- Effective interpersonal communications with clients, contractors, and colleagues. Demonstrated teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and appropriate application of testing methodologies and related equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, Geology or Equivalent.
- Professional registration as California PE or ability to be licensed in CA. Registration a a Geotechnical Engineer or ability to get registration preferred.
- 4 or more years experience in engineering and/or geology.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials up to 50 pounds.
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, and frequent use of telephone and keyboard to communicate.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Intermittently walk, stand, kneel, bend, reach and stoop.
- May be required to work outside normal business hours.
- Frequent travel may be required, including out-of-town assignments.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must adhere to NV5 safety practices and policies.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities. NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.