NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives. NV5, Inc. is seeking a qualified ICC Inspector to provide inspection services for projects in the State of California. Must have experience providing inspections for residential, commercial, and/or industrial projects. Experience with California adopted codes preferred. Project locations and durations range from assignment to assignment.
- Perform inspections to verify construction is completed in adherence with approved codes, laws ordinances, regulations and standards
- Verify that construction complies with approved plans and calculations
- Read, research, and objectively interpret code requirements
- Maintain clear, concise and comprehensive records related to inspection activities
- Review complex engineering documents to ensure construction compliance
- Interface with Project Managers, Engineers, and clients through participation in project meetings and daily site interaction.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have current inspection certificate issued by the International Code Council (ICC)
- 3+ years of experience performing inspections
- Must possess experience providing inspections for energy generation, transmission, or heavy industrial projects
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and act as a “team player” with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft office software
- Must be able to work independently and consistently meet deadlines
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities. NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.