NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives. We are seeking a talented Sr. Structural Forensic Engineer to join our growing Forensic Engineering Group. This is an opportunity to be a key member of our envisioned growth in Florida working on challenging projects and to provide technical solutions while building credible relationships with clients and the community. You will need to be flexible in your approach to challenges and have a strong ability to think laterally in delivering project solutions.
- Manage and grow a team of Forensic Engineering talent to continue servicing our clients in Florida
- Conduct field investigations and analyze failures involving a variety of structures within residential and commercial properties
- Determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures
- Serve as an expert witness in court and/or in depositions
- Evaluations may include foundation settlement investigations, structural assessments, site evaluations, sub-surface investigations and vibration analysis
- Analyze failures in buildings and other infrastructure systems by conducting site visits and applying engineering principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards
- Conduct unbiased investigations for a variety of clients
- Prepare reports documenting causes of failure, extent of loss, and recommended remediation
- Ability to support conclusions by appropriate expert testimony in legal proceedings
- Bachelor's in civil or structural engineering
- B.S. degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of FL, or able to obtain reciprocity within 6 months
- 8+ years of structural/forensic engineering experience performing building assessments and failure analysis, with report preparation for property owners, insurance companies and/or attorneys
- Working knowledge of structural systems and foundation design/analysis/construction
- Design/analysis and or construction experience with reinforced concrete, masonry, wood, and steel a plus.
- Working knowledge of building codes and experience reviewing building plans and specifications
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities. NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.