NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives. The Civil Site Engineering group seeks a Project Manager/Senior Project Manager to join its team in San Diego, CA. Come join us in delivering projects that make a difference.
At NV5, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business.
NV5 is accepting resumes for individuals who are team players, self-motivated, energetic and goal-oriented. NV5 offers competitive salary and benefits designed to provide you with choice and flexibility to fit your individual needs.
We are seeking a candidate who brings experience successfully managing multiple jobs simultaneously and is able to consistently anticipate project challenges and adapt as required. Internal management skills require scheduling tasks and resources, coordinating job production, and quality oversight. We prioritize candidates who are able to assist business development efforts with regards to identifying opportunities and participating in proposal development. Candidates should desire to assemble and lead a project team and to deliver significant projects on time and on budget. General duties will be to manage junior staff on team and communicate directly with clients in managing site development projects in Southern California. Job duties include:
- Prepare and execute a project plan
- Interact with client executives in all aspects of project delivery
- Coordinate with the owner to assemble and manage internal and external project teams including junior staff, planners, architects, consulting engineers, contractors, vendors and consultants
- Collaborate with a team and provide oversight for development of projects from inception to completion by quality controlling scope, schedule and budget in alignment with client strategic goals
- Develop and evaluate RFP's and Contracts
- Review and monitor Design and construction document preparation from concept design through final completion, including review of change-management documents
- Assist in the process of determining process and requirements for obtaining permits, entitlements and other requirements of Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Develop, maintain and report scope, schedule and budget status throughout the project, including review and recommendation of all project invoice
- Develop and monitor project organizational and administrative systems
- Create and maintain, or monitor, comprehensive project documentation
- Regularly inspect and document, and monitor design team, construction observations
- Project related travel will be required
- Occasional evening work will be required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire and ability to work independently with excellent people skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively on large and diverse projects
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize
- 10+ years of experience in Civil Engineering design and construction projects with 2+ years of supervisory experience managing a project or consultant team
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering preferred
- Professional Engineering Licensure is preferred
- AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency required. Basic Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook skills required
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.