5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 is seeking an intern for the summer of 2021 for our Charlotte, NC location. The summer intern will assist staff with design, calculations, and CAD support for the Building Structures group. This opportunity will be a valuable experience that will allow the intern to apply knowledge received during school studies and determine the area of focus for upcoming course work. This individual will also be able to create relationships with a variety of designers, engineers, and managers. The most frequent and essential work activities include:
- Assist staff with technical support for the design of building structures related projects.
- Coordinate work with project managers, engineers, designers, and technicians.
- Utilize CAD software to prepare drawings.
- Complete project tasks within deadlines.
Prerequisites for employment include:
- Must be a rising college junior or senior or graduate student studying architectural or civil engineering with an emphasis in building structures
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Well organized
- Must be comfortable working with MS Word, MS Excel and learning new software as necessary
- Knowledge of and experience with CAD required; Revit, Ram Structural Systems, RISA, or other structural software is a plus
- Completed coursework of statics, concrete design, and steel design is a plus
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to employment is preferred
Work Environment and Physical DemandsThe characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work will primarily be in the office setting with limited opportunities to be exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work will be primarily working with fingers by picking, pinching, typing and grasping often with repetitive motion.
- Must have visual acuity for viewing a computer screen, the ability to talk, hear and sit for extended periods of time.Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required. Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities. NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.