The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. As a Project Manager for our Solar Center of Excellence team located in Wyalong, New South Wales, for a twelve (12) month contract position, you will contribute to our team by:
Providing overall contract administration, technical expertise, and support fo r a medium or large construction project. Bring acco untable for safety, budget, quality, schedule, and profitability performance. Overseeing project personnel operations and maintains excellent stakeholder relationships.
- Monitoring project performance, schedule, costs, equipment, manpower, materials, safety and environment and quality control.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with project team, trade contractors, architects, consultants and our clients.
- Overseeing total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Conducting project planning and execution.
- Conducting site tours, safety inspections and leads by example to ensure policies, procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Ensuring comprehensive project close-out.
- Managing project meetings.
- Mentoring, coacheing and supervising and assessing the performance of direct reports and other team members.
- Assisting in securing new work by participating in estimates, working with subcontractors and participating in proposals and presentations.
- Leading negotiation of claims and disputes with the owner and sub trades.
- Other duties as required.
What you will bring to the role:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related engineering or construction management discipline.
- A minimum of 8+ years progressive construction experience, including leadership and mentoring preferred.
- 1 year estimating experience preferred.
- Knowledge of different construction methods, sequencing, problem solving and timelines.
- Familiar with project management software programs.
- Knowledge of relevant construction law and building codes.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and employ engineering/construction plans/specifications, methods and procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, other manager, designers, supervisors and trades people.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to solve problems related to construction, sequencing and staffing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!