Who we are?Englobe is distinguished by its wide range of services, its presence across Canada, its client satisfaction, and its customized approach with a wide range of services from consulting, turnkey project implementation, and soil treatment facilities. Over the years, Englobe has acquired credibility and a reputation for people-centered values.
Englobe is proud to have been recognized with prestigious Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for overall business performance and sustained growth.
What we offer:
- Full benefits package (group insurance with cost-sharing upon hiring, group RRSP after 3 months, the possibility of time banking).
- Annual reimbursement of physical activity costs.
- Skills development opportunities.
- Flextime and the possibility of a compressed schedule.
- Policy to encourage telework.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
We are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Assessment Technician to work out our Burnaby or Cranbrook, BC office.
- Perform hazardous materials surveys (asbestos, mold, lead, etc.), abatement monitoring, review of asbestos mgmt. plans, and remediation inspections, and air sampling following the NIOSH 7400 method;
- Record field data and prepare reports based on established templates;
- Coordinate and maintain field equipment maintenance, charging, and repairs;
- Work will fluctuate and will require working regular business hours but may involve, evenings/nights and weekends, sometimes on an emergency, immediate response basis. Ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability to scheduling changes and occasional overtime is required;
- Travel between worksites will be required locally, with the occasional need to travel provincially or nationally to urban and remote areas;
- Perform other field and office responsibilities, as required to support DST’s multi-disciplinary projects; and
- Conduct project administration tasks as required, including timesheet generation and project invoicing.
- Post-secondary education in environmental sciences and/or engineering technology or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of related work experience is required;
- Possession of valid driver’s license required; and
- Eligibility to obtain a federal security clearance required. Federal security clearance already obtained (Reliability or Secret) is considered a significant asset.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Strong organization and planning skills;
- Strong ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure; and
- Ownership of a personal vehicle considered an asset.