Position OverviewKiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an immediate opening for a dynamic Oil, Gas & Chemical Geotechnical Operations Manager to join our Geotechnical Engineering leadership team. The OGC Geotechnical Operations Manager will work closely with the Geotechnical Design Engineering Director, Chief Geotechnical Engineer, and other members of the leadership team to grow and manage the operational needs of the OGC Geotechnical group. The successful candidate will bring energy, enthusiasm, and a focus on collaboration while providing administrative, technical, quality, and safety leadership for the engineers and designers of the OGC Geotechnical group. The OGC Geotechnical Operations Manager will also work with an interdisciplinary team that includes civil, structural, and mechanical engineers as well as estimators, schedulers and other construction professionals to identify geotechnical engineering problems and develop appropriate solutions for midstream, refining, LNG, chemicals, alternative fuels, and terminal projects. The Geotechnical Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the production and/or review of engineering reports and geotechnical analyses, as well as directing the work of staff geotechnical engineers in our Houston, Texas office. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, civil, drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. District OverviewKiewit Infrastructure Engineering team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.LocationThis position is based out of our office in Houston, TX and includes travel to project offices and work sites, and period field assignments. ResponsibilitiesPeople/Organization
- Identifying, developing, and aligning high performance teams and individuals to meet organizational goals.
- Coordinating and continually monitoring staff assignments and staff workloads; developing staffing forecasts.
- Fostering an environment that emphasizes collaboration and coordination; providing feedback and encouraging learning to create growth opportunities; mentoring team members.
- Assisting in development of training strategies; overseeing technical training and ensuring the technical competency of OGC Geotechnical staff.
- Ensuring designs are completed with consistent application of design standards, technical approaches, and in accordance with the design quality management program.
- Advising and providing direction to staff on proper execution of complex and advanced deliverables; potentially serving as engineer of record with responsibility for design recommendations and deliverables associated with advanced design components.
- Working with pursuit teams to identify key geotechnical design risks and develop plans to mitigate those risks.
- Coordinating with the Engineering Project Execution team to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
- Leading the exploration of alternate designs or new technologies to challenge the status quo and provoke exploration of new or innovative design solutions.
- Collaborating with staff and the Engineering Project Management Team to develop work scopes and labor estimates.
- Interface with Clients, Construction Personnel, Subconsultants and Regulatory Agencies.
Quality and Safety
- Leading by example with respect to safety, quality, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Coordinating with the quality management team to train staff and implement the design quality management program.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive geotechnical design experience, including EPC and design-build delivery.
- Professional engineering registration, required.
- Master's degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field, required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing an engineering department, required.
- EPC/design-build and design management experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering and technical solutions to geotechnical issues on Oil, Gas & Chemical projects, including ability to develop and evaluate innovative and cost-effective design solutions to problems and challenges.
- Oil, Gas & Chemical-focused experience including: design of deep foundations, shallow foundations, ground improvement techniques, seismic engineering, settlement of compressible soils, site development, marine engineering, support of excavations, subgrade stabilization, and dewatering.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated focus on interdisciplinary design coordination.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people. Proven success in initiating, promoting, and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships amongst the team.
- This position requires travel to project offices and work sites. Ability to travel based on business needs and requirements.
#LI-MD1We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.