Our Iselin, NJ office is currently looking to hire a geotechnical engineer to work in our Environmental Group.
- Working with project teams on geotechnical engineering projects that involve field work, data evaluation and engineering analysis;
- Performing field tasks such as test boring inspection, testing supervision and construction monitoring;
- Scoping and assisting in implementation of field programs
- Conducting subsurface investigations and testing programs appropriate for design and construction of tunnels, HDD and other trenchless technologies, as well as foundations and other geo-structures.
- Conducting technical analyses/calculations;
- Preparing logs, field reports, recommendation reports, plans and specifications;
- BS in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent, required.
- 0 to 3 years of experience with a geotechnical concentration in both design and field operations.
- Field experience logging soil and rock as well as log preparation and construction inspection/oversight preferred
- Ability to travel, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Familiarity with geotechnical software such as: gINT, Slope/W, Civil Tech Shoring, Lpile preferred
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.