Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, water resources, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have more than 700+ professionals working across 21 U.S. offices and 5 international locations.While we have suspended hiring at this time, we are always looking for talented engineering and design professionals. Qualified applicants will be contacted when hiring resumes.
In this role as a Technical Designer, you will work closely with the structural engineering team in Charlotte North Carolina. Job tasks will include rationalizing geometry for appropriate structural schemes, rapidly developing structural BIMs, annotating plan and details, and assisting with writing narratives. Position requires excellent written and spoken communication skills with frequent interactions with clients, architects, contractors, and owners. Our projects range vastly in scale, detail, and complexity, and this position requires being able to work on multiple projects at a time with engineers and modelers from multiple geographic locations. Qualified candidates should also possess a high energy level and be a self-motivated professional who can work within a strong team environment, serving clients on major projects throughout the United States and internationally. Technical specialization, proactivity and aggressiveness when meeting client and project needs, are pluses.
- 4-7 years’ experience in relevant commercial building design as an architectural or structural designer or engineer;
- Demonstrated career growth that includes experience working on design teams for a variety of building types and building enclosures
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural
- Extensive knowledge and experience in use of Rhinoceros, AutoCAD and Revit, including parametric modeling and visual programming experience;
- Experience using Tekla is ideal and preferred but not required; and
- Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skill, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented
In addition to the above, the qualified candidate will have relevant experience working on design of a variety of structures, including office buildings, commercial, sports, aviation, healthcare, education, and cultural buildings with construction costs of $25 million and up. Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.