Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, water resources, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have more than 700+ professionals working across 21 U.S. offices and 5 international locations.While we have suspended hiring at this time, we are always looking for talented engineering and design professionals. Qualified applicants will be contacted when hiring resumes.
Walter P Moore has an immediate opening for a Project Manager to join their dynamic Structural Engineering team. The qualified candidate will have at least 8 years relevant experience in a structural engineering consulting role and at least 3 years of managing structural projects. The candidate will have experience working on design and delivery of office buildings, healthcare facilities, sports venues and other large commercial structures with construction costs of $25 million and up. The qualified candidate should possess a high energy level and be a self-motivated project manager who can work within a strong team environment, serving clients on major projects throughout the United States and internationally. Technical specialization, proactivity and aggressiveness when meeting client and project needs, are pluses. Clients will include architects, developers, institutions, and contractors. In addition to all the skills listed above, the qualified candidate should possess a strong “can-do” customer service attitude. Clients will include architects, developers, institutions, and contractors. In addition to all the skills listed above, the qualified candidate should possess a strong “can-do” customer service attitude.
- 6+ years’ experience in relevant commercial building design within healthcare, aviation, sport, higher education, municiple or public assembly
- Demonstrated career growth that includes 3+ years project management of strucural, enclosures or parking strucure projects
- Master’s in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural or architecture
- Ability to obtain P.E. or AIA licensure within 6 months. P.E. in candidate's residing state or AIA license preferred.
- S.E. License is a plus
- Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skill, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.